CPT - Common Proficiency Test
About the course
- Entry level test for Chartered Accountancy Course
- CPT is an objective type test with negative marking.
- Test comprises four subjects
- Accounting (60 marks)
- Mercantile Laws (40 marks)
- General Economics (50 marks)
- Quantitative Aptitude (50 marks)
- Passing Criteria – Must Obtain a minimum of 30% marks in each section and a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all the sections, subject to the principle of negative marking
- Examination will be conducted in two sessions of two hours each
Session I - 10.30 am – 12.30 a.m.
Session II - 2.00 pm – 4.00 p.m
Held twice in a year in the month of June and December.
Who can join the course?
A candidate can appear in CPT examination after appearing in the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 examination) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognised by the Central Government as equivalent thereto.
How to apply for admission to the CPT Course?
A student is required to apply in the prescribed form. (Link:CPT online registration: Online Registration ) A student may also buy Prospectus remitting Rs.100 in The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). The application form is available in the Prospectus.
Mode of Payment
Offline: DD/Pay Order favouring “The secretary, institute of chartered accountants of India” payable at Chennai for Rs.6000
Online: Payment can be made by Debit/Credit card for Rs. 6100
CPT December 2015- July 20, 2015 (Admissions open)For Registration contact
No.49, First Floor, Sathyamoorthy road
Opp. to Ramani’s Mithila Apartment
Ramnagar, Coimbatore – 641 009.